Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Island Girl

Elle's first try at meat was on Thanksgiving. I even splurged on the organic turkey so that I would be comfortable giving her good meat on her first try. She wanted nothing to do with it. She spit it out immediately. Her second try was on a perfectly cooked filet. She once again refused it. David and I decided we will not force her to eat meat. Don't get me wrong she eats lots of things. She likes toast, cereal, bagels, raisin bread, crackers, cheese, yogurt, apple sauce, apples, pears, bananas, grapes, blueberries,peaches, broccoli, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, zucchini, avocados, tofu, tortillas, maccaroni and cheese, risotto, grilled cheese sandwiches, kiwi, and much much more. We will just make sure that she is getting enough protien from other places. Well lo and behold she ate some fresh snapper tonight that Meemom prepared for us and loved it. So she might not do the meat thing but likes seafood. That's my girl!! I told Daddy he needs to provide her with snapper from Katie's Seafood at least twice a week. She and Mommy can grow quite accustomed to it. David's reply "She better learn to like tilapia".

2 comments:

  1. Maddie still barely eats meat, and didn't like it much as a baby either. In fact, I didn't like meat when I was preggers with her either. Makes me wonder if some of us are just born vegetarians?

    I tried to get her to eat tofu for protien a few times (since she like eggs, and tofu has the same consistency), but it didn't go over very well.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️