Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You must enter the cave to play poker

A long long time ago, when Onion and Clay still lived at 1205 Marine (Boy do i miss those days), the boys talked about making the garage into a poker room. At first I was completely against it. I thought all of this talk seemed ridiculous and I didn't want it to happen. But, the more I thought about it the better it sounded. I thought it would be good for David to be able to have a poker area. Especially since I prefer (forbid) multiple cigar smoking intoxicatedish men to let loose in my living room or any other room in my house. Well, post Ike. The garage was trashed. A big MESS! And then I changed jobs and had all of my 37 boxes of school stuff transferred to my new school. I found out that I would be a rotating teacher and wouldn't have a room or anywhere to put my things. Well I had to take ALL of those boxes home and store them in the garage=no man cave. Well, my position changed again due to the large number of prek students yet i still don't have my own room. David and I decided that i would bring all of my stuff back to school regardless of the room situation. So being the good husband that he is he loaded and unloaded all of my boxes. He was so happy to have his garage back. This was almost two weeks ago. Well tonight he is hosting poker night in his cave. A torch is burning in the front yard to symbolize the beginning of the cave. FYI he is sporting his velour puma suit for good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Michael will be so mad he missed the anointing of the "CAVE" - I love the torch burning, I'm cracking up! He will be there soon though, I know it!

    xoxo
    Liz

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️