Friday, March 5, 2010

Fifth Disease really...

Well on Tuesday when I went to pick up Elle she had bright red cheeks. Against her beautiful fair skin she looked like a little English baby. She didn't feel warm or act like she felt badly. Wednesday her cheeks remained red. Wednesday night she woke up at 2 am crying. She was warm to the touch. She nursed and quickly fell back asleep. She wasn't burning up so I decided to let her sleep. When she woke at 6 am she was noticeably warmer. Daddy decided he would take her to the doctor and let me go to work since i am almost out of days. We called Meemom and told her to expect the princess and her daddy soon. They went to the doctor and waited forever and a day. Turns out elle contracted fifth disease and just has to wait it out. Read here for details. http://www.babycenter.com/0_fifth-disease_1439513.bc Excuse my language but WTF? I had never even heard of such. Yesterday she wouldn't eat a thing or drink much of anything all day. When I went to pick her up from Meemom's she was asleep again for the 2nd time. She hasn't done the 2 nap thing since before she turned one. Poor baby was still warm and lethargic. i gave her some Tylenol and that helped she felt a little better and played in her new car and ate some squash and avocado. She nursed like a champ. I thought we were done. But this morning she cried pitifully and broke my heart as I snuck off to go to work. I so wanted to stay home and hold my poor pumpkin. But the reality of the situation is she will be spoiled rotten and held and loved by her Meemom. Meemom is really good at this. I know personally. So, hopefully the fever will stay away and my girl will feel like herself again for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️