Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lily Grace and Frances Isabelle

We are all adjusting pretty well. Things really are easier the second time around for the most part. You know what to expect and you feel more confident. Not to mention we kidnapped Meemom for a week. Lily was born on a Tuesday and we came home to a clean house on Thursday late afternoon (Thanks Nivea). After a pit stop to Meemom's house to pick up Big Sista Elle, we headed home as a family.
Lily had to go back to the doctor 4 days in a row for a heal stick to check bilirubin levels. Our little California girl is blonde, blue eyed and looked like she had spent the night in a tanning bed with self tanner on. Everyday her levels were too high and we had to go back again for the next day. David and i put her portacrib in the window and let her nap there for man hours. I set my alarm clock on the phone to wake up every two hours and force her to eat 2-3 ounces. Not cool but needed her to poop out all that bilirubin! Finally we got clearance!
Elle is super sweet and gentle with her baby but has her moments. She gets frustrated if she wants to be held and I am nursing the baby. She doesn't understand why I can't put the baby down and pick her up. She will figure it out. David and I couldn't be happier with our girls. So hard to believe we are a family of four now. So hard to imagine stopping here. I guess we will wait and see if our family will continue to grow..... Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and all the FB pics! Glad to hear that Lily is healthy, and Elle is adjusting well. I can't wait to continue to read the stories of the Sistas! Amanda

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️