Sunday, October 18, 2009

With or Without Bono












Well one of my concert dreams came true this week. I really wanted to get to see U2 when they came to H-Town. David and I worked hard on getting the tickets when they went on sale. We got good seats. We were excited about this date night in particular. Daddy picked me up from Meemom's for our date. Unfortunately, it took almost 2 hours to get to H-Town. The traffic was terrible, so we missed meeting up for cocktails preshow. We grabbed a quick turk sand at Texadelphia and headed to Reliant. We payed $20 to park in a Reliant lot where no one was directing traffic. There were basically no spots left. David was getting hot quickly and began crazy talking the people that worked there. We finally settled for parking illegally to get to the show.
U2 opened up with a couple of new songs and I was a little stressed. Feeling old and nervous, I waited impatiently. During my waiting Bono picked up a girl from out of the crowd and danced with her and allowed her to stay on stage for the whole song. Ummm..hello Bono did you not get the memo. I don't love the drummer anymore. He didn't age near as well as you did. I heart you. I wanted to be the girl on the stage. Oh well. I didn't have to wait long, they rocked the whole damn stadium. The roof was open and the stage set up was an over the top space ship. It was all pretty cool. David and I were so excited to meet up with Kristin and Sean at the show. We have been missing them so much! It was short but always sweet to see them. Casey and Rob came to sit with us as well. We all had an amazing time. Thanks for the pictures Kristin. I got none of my own. Until next time Bono.

1 comment:


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️