Friday, August 7, 2009

I want to go home......but buddy says he is quite comfy here


Well we were supposed to move home on Friday, July 31, 2009. It was gonna be crazy because the trout house wouldn't be ready until that day and we had to be out of our rent house on that day. crazy right! Well I started doing the math and just couldn't figure it out. I also had several people in my peanut gallery reminding me that there was no F**ing way that this would happen. The wood floors hadn't been laid and the tile wasn't finished. There was still no plumbing. The granite was laid with no overhang and had to be replaced. So I spoke with my friend and contractor and we decided to extend for 1 more week. Well that would be today! As of today the tile is mostly finished and the floors have been laid, stained and polyurethaned 3 times. They need 72 hours to dry and 2 weeks to "completely cure". They were laying baseboards and painting them today. Appliances were all delivered today. Plumbing happens this weekend or Monday. So WE ARE MOVING HOME ON WEDNESDAY! I am holding them too it. Elle's room and the guest bathroom still have to be painted. I am really struggling with the guest bathroom color. Bead board still needs to be put up in the guest bathroom. appliances need to be installed, plumbing, tile finished and the yard cleaned out of all the trash it has accumulated from this process. I so wish that I would have taken pics along the way. I didn't. I have pre IKE pics, post ike pics and will soon have newly finished house pics. The house looks amazing. We are very excited. David's design for the master bath turned out amazing. I have a beautiful kitchen now. We can't wait to go home. Housewarming party some time in sept. mark your calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️