Wednesday, February 16, 2011

27 months old and 28 weeks pregnant

Dear Elle,

You are 27 months old. Like I say every month I really can't believe it. You continue to grow and change every day. You amaze me with your knowledge. You really listen to everything that is said and remember it. Your memory is truly unbelievable. You remember things from almost a year ago and continue to refer to them. You have reminded Meemom, Dad and myself of things that we have forgotten. You love to remind us about going on an airplane to see Aunt Micky. You remind Daddy about feeding the horses at Mickeys house as well. This was 7 months ago. You are OBSESSED with Clifford! You love to play with little people stuff and RED cars. You are a master puzzle girl. You love to read books and to be read to. Playing at the park with your Daddy is your all time favorite past time. (Especially when he takes you to the park on his bike) You want to be outside every single day for as long as possible. You still love going to the beach and on walks every day. You are a little person with a big personality! You are starting to be able to rationalize things a little bit better. On the flip side, you have truly mastered temper tantrums and put on quite a show. You are well aware of what time out is at this point. You serve your two minutes and always confirm that you understand why you were there and give us all hugs and kisses. I think it works. You seem to really understand that there is a growing baby, Lily Grace, in my belly. Whenever you talk about your baby or a baby animal your voice changes into a soft higher pitched voice that is so cute. You share toys and food with Mommy's tummy. I sure hope you like your sister once she gets here. You love to help out so I think you will be a great big sis. Although, you still boldly say that you will NOT be sharing your Daddy or your Meemom with Lily. Not really sure how that will work. Elle you have changed our lives forever in the most profound and exciting way ever. We are so lucky that you are ours, even when you are sucking the patience out of us rapidly. You are a smart, beautiful, sweet, loving and hilarious child. You have stolen all of our hearts. We adore you.
Love,
mama


I am officially 28 weeks tomorrow. This means I am in the last trimester!
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. I am happy to be entering the third trimester/3rd trimester. I am growing steadily and still feel pretty well. I am not sleeping well due to the fact that someone is either dancing or jumping on my bladder. I wake up about every two hours. Aside from my back, legs and feet I feel ok. I will take my glucose test on Friday. I will have my next and probably last ultrasound on April 1st at 34 weeks. I will be excited to see how much Lily Grace has grown. I begin seeing the doctor every two weeks for now until April. Starting in April I will see the doc every week until the due date.
We are trying to get prepared. Thanks to Meemom Lily already has some super cute clothes, accessories and toys that are just her own. Thanks to Elle (and Meemom again) Lily has lots of hand me downs available. Although the seasonal thing will be way off. Elle born in November and Lily in May. We are researching double strollers and need to get another mattress and breast pump and I think we will be all set with stuff. This pregnancy has felt a little different. I definitely feel preggo but both David and Meemom said it feels a little less real this time. I think it is because Elle is here and keeps us so busy.
Although, we all are so excited about Lily Grace! 85 more days

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️