Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Well 18 years ago today I received an unbelievably beautiful love note from my husband that he read to me. The sweetness with the note ended there. He kept it. I guess he didn't want any proof of the fact that he could be that sweet. 18 years ago today I tried to pass off my mom's famous sugar heart cookies with her famous icing as my own. I won David!!
Fast forward 18 years and here we are. Meemom made me her famous heart cookies which I am hoarding and don't want to share AT ALL! David planned a picnic for him,myself, Elle and my mom across the street (at a playground) for my lunch break. That way Elle could play while we eat and he could have lunch with his 3 favorite girls. He almost made me cry with that sweet,sweet idea.
So much has changed in 18 years yet not the important stuff. My husband is still amazing. My heart still skips a beat when I see him. I am a very, very lucky girl to have found the love of my life so young. I am 34 years old and him been with him for 18 years. You do the math. That is more than half of my life. More time with him than without. Our lives are so intertwined. We have grown together. It is a truly beautiful thing. Do we have our ups and downs? Absolutely!! I'll be the first to tell you that. Yet, nothing can ever change what we do have. Our love, our friendship, our commitment to each other.
We have graduated from high school and college. We lived apart the whole time we were in college. Trips to and from Lubbock and Austin. Wow, I don't miss those days. We did a lot of growing/changing as individuals. DMB moved to Austin when he graduated from college. We had the time of our lives. We decided to "live in sin" and make sure we were ready for the next step. Those were some of the best years. Just the boy and I. No stress in our lives. Living the ATX life. Blues shows on a Tuesday night, Gourds shows at Jovitas, Migas and Fajitas at Trudy's with Mark every Sunday. In the summer of 2003 we moved to Htown so that David could go to law school. I got a teaching job in Galveston and we began a new stage in our lives. In 2004 we got married. January of 2006 we moved to Galveston and started another new stage in our lives. Young professionals, we bought a house and began creating our life here. In 2008 Elle was born and our lives changed forever. We created a person. We started our family. In May, Lily will be born. So much has happened in the past 18 years and there is NO ONE else on this planet that I would want to have done this with NO ONE!! I can't wait to see what the future holds for my boy and I! Happy Valentine's Day David- I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️