Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sonny's

Anyone who grew up in Galveston probably has been to Sonny's. If you haven't you should be ashamed of yourself. We spent many a Friday nights there when we were growing up. Friday night = gumbo. I have many fond memories of Sonny's growing up. After David and I moved home we didn't rediscover Sonny's for a couple of years. Yet when we did we were welcomed back with open arms. These people have known me since I was born. They knew my grandparents, father and mother. We decided that we would meet there weekly on Friday nights and introduce Elle to the tradition. It is lots of fun. Elle has become quite comfortable there. She began crawling on the pool tables there and even had her first grilled cheese and lollipop there. Well we have been going there consistently since Elle was born. We have missed a few Friday's here and there. Finally a month ago Larry thought Elle was reaching out to him. He said "wow "(with a big smile on his face) "finally." He soon realized that there was a big balloon right behind him and Elle wanted it badly. Elle is OBSESSED with balloons. They are so annoying yet such a savior at krogers. Anyway, Larry was a little crushed.
Well, we went to Sonny's last Friday for the first time in a couple of weeks.
We were greeted by the waitresses who wanted to know WHERE HAVE WE BEEN!!!! They really missed us. Then Larry's mother came and told me that Larry had put a reserved sign on our regular table the week before with a balloon tied to a high chair for Elle and we never showed. UGH. Talk about feeling horrible guilt. Well we are no longer allowed to miss our weekly Sonny's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️