Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Cult


David, KC and I went to see the Cult at the House of Blues in Htown on Sunday. We dropped the girl off at Meemom's house and headed p to Htown. We had some ritas and texmex at Chuy's and then hit up the show. They rocked. They played all the old songs that we desired to hear. It took us all back to 1991 when we all three (separately)saw Lenny Kravitz open for the Cult. I will never forget getting to go to the big city for the concert. Catherine, Randall and I piled into Aunt Joan's minivan with Vince as the driver. There were more people with us but I am not exactly sure who. To protect the innocent and guilty my reminiscing will stop there. Let's just say I was grounded for like a month after this night. KC was super young and I am not sure how mom ever let him go. He went with Zak. Mom always thought Zak was so responsible. David didn't even recall going. I remembered that he went. He touched Lenny's dreadlocks that night. He talked about it for years. But after 18 years his memory faded a little bit. He was stoked to remember. Good times...Good times. And coming up in October are two of my ALL TIME FAVES-The Allman Brothers and U2

2 comments:

  1. Zak sure had your mom fooled....but don't tell her that! :) He was the good and responsible one (if you compared him to everyone else!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure did. I guess he was responsible. kind of.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️