Wednesday, March 16, 2011

31 weeks and stuff

I had my doc appointment on Monday (right after Lily was 31 weeks). My doctor is out of town so I saw the PA. She gave me great news. My blood work for the fifth disease test was fine. Also I PASSED THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, DISGUSTING 3 HOUR GLUCOSE TEST. I was pretty devastated when they told me my first screening was a 132 and they want it to be a 130. The 3 hour test is an ass whip. You have to fast the night before. When you get there they take a fasting blood sample. Then you drink TWICE as much of the drink as you do during the one hour, wait an hour and have another blood draw. And then another after 2 hours and then another after 3 hours. WTF. So, needless to say you feel pretty crazy when it is all done. I have a couple of friends that didn't pass the test and it sounds like a big struggle that I really didn't want to deal with. I am so thankful I don't have to!! After the doctor appointment, meemom and i went shopping. I finally convinced her to buy some clothes for herself! She is skinny mini and all of her clothes keep falling off of her. We ate at the fanciest Luby's known to man (near the Galleria).By the way, as terrible as it is, my belly won't fit into some booths at restraunts. I mean seriously! We then picked up some shoes for Elle and went shopping. We got so much done! We got Lily a mattress, me a new breast pump, and lots of little things we needed. Just in case. We lined up Casey in case I go into labor unplanned or in the middle of the night. We need to finalize the rest of the plan for Elle. Next ultrasound is Friday, April 1, 2011.

FYI:How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


Spring Break Post to come soon! 59 days left until Lily Grace's due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️