Monday, March 28, 2011

Nesting

My amazing husband has been worked over by my nesting. I am ready to have EVERYTHING done and in order. That is the story of my life. Yesterday when I gave him the tasks that i wanted him to complete he smiled and said OK. He brought me a cup of coffee in bed and got Elle all set up. We got the port of crib set up for Lily in our room. We organized Elle/Lily's room. He got all the boxes of baby clothes down from the attic for me to go through. (The same boxes that he and Bain just put up there a couple of months ago) Meemom helped. It took quite a while because we have quite a few clothes, shoes and accessories. I guess we really like to shop for Elle. There is a memory that goes with almost every piece of clothing that i pulled out. (At least the ones that she wore at least once). So it was an emotional thing to do for me. I seem to remember who gave her each outfit and where she wore it. Crazy memory of mine. My baby is so big now. The seasons are off so a lot of the newborn stuff won't work. I packed it back up in a box labeled newborn until we decide if we are having more babies or not. Boy will that be an emotional thing whenever it is time to pack up baby stuff for good. After a while I hear him singing a catchy little tune. "Mommy is nesting and whipping every one's a**, boy I sure hope that this ends fast".
We need a couple of more bolts to raise crib mattress up to the top since we had to add something to make the crib not raise up and down. That will get taken care of today and then I can put the bedding on :) We have almost everything done. Now, I just need to pack a bag for Lily and I guess myself for the hospital and maybe then I will feel like we are ready or perhaps just come up with a new list....
i have my 2 week check up this afternoon. I am 33 weeks and 2 days. I am not sure if it is too early to begin talking to my doctor about wanting her to induce me at 39 weeks. I don't want to have to worry about driving 40 minutes to the hospital after figuring out what to do with Elle. I really want my mom and David to be there with me and i would really like for my doctor to be the one to deliver me. I know it is a lot of likes.... I have also been having A LOT of those "practice" contractions. Many of them take my breath away and make me stop what i am doing. If I bend over it is NOT that easy to get up. I still have 6 weeks to go here Lily. Work with me. Good news is that my feet aren't swelling like they did with Elle. 47 days left until the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

I married the love of my life and high school sweetheart, David, on 6/12/04. I am the mother of baby Elle(born 11/18/08), Lily Grace, (4/26/11) , Grant( 5/14/14),3dogs (Lupe, Bruce and Nina ) . Blessed to have my dream job as a kindergarten teacher❤️